Subject: Re: LW v4 and envelopes...
From: Mark Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 94 13:41:07 EDT

Sean Cunningham <[email-masked]> writes:
> 	o I'd like the ability to combine channel reference with mathematical
> 	  functions. This would be necessary for functional dependencies.
>  [ ...other great suggestions deleted...]

Excellent suggestions Sean. After seeing Chris Wedge's talk in the Animation
Tricks course at Siggraph (great course by the way), it got me thinking.
Consequently, I was going to make the same requests but Sean beat me to it.
I would add that it would be nice to enter mathematical functions (that can
referernce other channels) on a keyframe basis so that one key could be based
on a channel while the following key could be based on a constant, an
independant mathematical function (like sin(t)), or a different channel.
This would make keyframe interpolation a bit more complex, but it would be
really great.
%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%
%      `       '        Mark Thompson                 CONCURRENT COMPUTER  %
% --==* RADIANT *==--   [email-masked]        Principal Graphics   %
%      ' Image `        ...!uunet!masscomp!mark       Hardware Architect   %
%     Productions       (508)392-2480 (603)424-1829   & General Nuisance   %
%                                                                          %
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~